Friday, July 3, 2009

Is Anyone in Charge? and An Announcement


If you have a Republican governor in your state I would strongly recommend figuring out if anyone is actually still doing their job.

In the meantime, I would like to announce that I am running to be governor of Alaska. It appears to require few skills and I have very few. I am too old to hike the Appalachian trail, though I will fess up to having fondness for Canadian Bacon. I have no ethics violations (I have been cleared of all charges after biting my gramps). I have been blogging for a long time so I have no doubt I could weather the glaring media scrutiny and even David Letterman making jokes about me. And I don't wear clothes so my wardrobe will be very inexpensive. Link
As a side note, I am not interested in moving to Alaska so I hope they have Skype on their computer.

AMENDMENT: Khyra is interested in being my Lieutenant Governor which I wholeheartedly endorse, especially since I will probably get bored after a few months and pursue my national political career which I am hoping will lead to a seat on the Supreme Court, preferably on the lap of Ruth Bader Ginsberg who is SASSY.

5 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khan I be your LIEutenant Govenour?

We khould set up a webkham so we khould each see Russia from our porches!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Moose said...

First order of business I am afraid will be changing oscar and ethel's names to something more soap opera-y!
Moose + Dana
p.s. I don't think you would need to spend much time there... she mostly traveled around with her family at tax payers expense so you could probably stay put! Plus you could get travel expenses even when you are home like she did!
p.p.s. We are anxiously waiting for the next breaking news story on the real reason behind her nervous resignation... See if you can get to the bottom of it!

Gus said...

I am volunteering to be your food taster.


gussie

Sue said...

You have the Portuguese vote from us.

Scout and Freyja said...

Dogs are too intelligent to govern Alaska! However, if a dog did govern Alaska I'm sure he or she would stop the aerial wolf slaughter.