Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Send help, please

I just read this story "It's a class war stupid" by Matt Taibbi about increasing poverty rates in the U.S. in the last decade. It includes this story sent to Senator Bernie Sanders-VT:

I am a single mother with a 9-year-old boy. To stay warm at night my son and I would pull off all the pillows from the couch and pile them on the kitchen floor. I'd hang a blanket from the kitchen doorway and we'd sleep right there on the floor. By February we ran out of wood and I burned my mother's dining room furniture. I have no oil for hot water. We boil our water on the stove and pour it in the tub. I'd like to order one of your flags and hang it upside down at the capital building... we are certainly a country in distress.

And then I watched this video of Bush joking about the stock market being "drunk" and then joking about how he's going to retire to Dallas, not that durned Crawford ranch.

You'll note he's laughing at us, not with us.

No comments: