Saturday, August 30, 2008

Under Water Again?

I am thinking about the people in New Orleans as Gustav bears down on them and I have my paws crossed that it will weaken and change course. I fear that the problems revealed by Katrina both in terms of infrastructure and emergency response mechanisms have not been fixed.

And so we never forget, let's keep in mind where Bush/McCain were when Katrina hit New Orleans:

We can do better. So much better.


I hope we do better this time. We're thinking of you, New Orleans.

2 comments:

Sophie Brador said...

Wally, I am in the country, catching up on your blog. My ape has abandoned me. I may never see her again, or at least until Monday. But I did want you to know that I am checking in.

I sure hope everyone survives these nasty storms, and politics. Check out what's happening up here in Canada. Our fascist PM just got rid of free speech and art.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0GS_X9hYII

Gus said...

Wally: My muzzer and Dad left New Orleans 3 years ago just one day in front of Katrina. This weekend we are having a pawty for folks they met while they stayed in Memphis until dad got his sabbatical rearranged. And we are getting the spare rooms ready for friends from New Orleans who are headed our way.

Bittersweet for them, but if they had not been in VA instead of New Orleans for that sabbatical, you might not know me today!

kisses to all
gussie