Thursday, October 23, 2008

Two for the ladies

I'm an avowed feminist. I like ladies so much I can't even have just one girlfriend. And I can't confine myself to just one ma ape. I've had my eyes on Malia and Sasha Obama as my new ma apes or, Plan B, Rachel Maddow! So I feel like it is my feminist duty to share a couple of important things:

That's my Senator Joe! This is a video about the Violence Against Women Act (Joe's greatest legislative achievement) and how important it has been:




And here is a great piece in the New Yorker about the Lily Ledbetter Act and Equal Pay for Equal Work. It is supported by my future grandpa, opposed by McCain because it would cause more lawsuits. Yeah, people using the courts to punish discrimination and protect their rights. Why, that's just UnAmerican!

3 comments:

Biggie-Z said...

wow, this left me teary-eyed. Thanks for sharing.

Biggie's Momma

Sophie Brador said...

Wally, My mom knows women who have been through that sort of thing. It's really awful, and she doesn't trust the police anymore. She really thinks the guy at the corner store would do more to protect her than the cops. I know you would never be that kind of guy, but I am concerned about your devotion to me after those wee presidential apes adopt you. Will you forget about me when you're living in the white house?

xo
SB

Emily and Ike said...

Thought you would be interested in this.
http://www.inquisitr.com/6400/amazon-labels-barack-obama-a-terrorist/
Ike